Propagation of sound offshore is a special case in acoustics with a unique set of assessment requirements, particularly for underwater acoustics.
We have experience in assessing marine noise both above and below the water line with projects ranging from luxury yacht design to ambient noise studies with hydrophones. Our underwater acoustics or hydro-acoustics expertise is supported by dBWav and dBSea, our proprietary software packages for analysing hydrophone recordings and prediction of underwater noise respectively.
Our services include:
- Measurement and modelling of airborne and underwater noise
- Assessment of noise impacts on port communities and marine fauna
- Port and construction noise management plans and community engagement
- Industrial noise control for port activities and ships. Example here.
- Yacht design (sound insulation, vibration control, silencer specification)