Edward Chan is a consultant based in the Hong Kong office, specialising in architectural acoustics design and building services noise control. Graduating from the University of Hong Kong with a Bachelor of Science, he has been working in the field of acoustics since 2014, joining Marshall Day Acoustics in February 2018.
Edward has extensive experience in building sound insulation, mechanical noise and vibration control and room acoustic design. He has been engaged in various building projects including theatres, concert halls, multipurpose auditoriums, hotels, schools, offices, luxury mansions and museums.
He is currently working on performing arts projects in Hong Kong and China including the Shenzhen Baoan Grand Theatre, Shanghai Broadway Theatre and Multipurpose Auditorium of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Qualifications & Memberships
- BSc - Environmental Science & Geography, University of Hong Kong
- Member of Institute of Acoustics
- Member of Acoustical Society of America
- Member of Acoustical Society of China
- Associate Member of Hong Kong Institute of Acoustics
- Associate Member of Hong Kong Institute of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Completed Acoustic Certificate Courses by Hong Kong Institute of Acoustics