Emily graduated from Virginia Tech with a master's degree in architecture, with a focus in acoustics. This background in architecture has informed her continued interest in 3D acoustic modelling with emphasis on parametric techniques.
Before joining the Marshall Day Acoustics Auckland office in 2022, she worked in the US for ten years as an architectural associate and acoustic consultant. Specialising in building and room acoustics, her experience spans a variety of sectors including performing arts, education, religion, commercial, and healthcare.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Master of Architecture with a Focus in Acoustics, Virginia Tech, USA
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture), University of Florida, USA
- Member of the Acoustical Society of New Zealand (MASNZ)
- Member of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- Associate Member of the American Institute of Architects (Assoc. AIA)