Peter Heinze is a Senior Associate in the Adelaide office with extensive experience in building acoustics including internal acoustic design, sound insulation and mechanical services noise control. He graduated from the University of South Australia in 1983 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Peter has over 34 years’ experience working as a consulting engineer. After 9 years in Adelaide as a Senior Consultant, he joined the Marshall Day Acoustics Auckland office in 1997, then transferred back to Australia to establish the Adelaide office in 2006.
Peter has worked in all areas of acoustics including architectural and sound insulation, building services noise and vibration, industrial noise and vibration, environmental noise assessment and appearing as an expert witness in ERD. Peter has extensive experience working with clients, stakeholders and multi-disciplinary design teams to assist in the delivery of complex and large-scale projects from concept stage through to handover including construction supervision and commissioning.
Peter’s range of project expertise and practical knowledge of acoustics enables him to identify potential issues early in the design process to provide timely, buildable and cost-effective design solutions.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, University of South Australia, Adelaide and Whyalla
- M.I.E. Aust, Member of the Institution of Engineers, Australia
- Certified Practicing Engineer, CPER; National Practicing Engineer Register, NPER
- FAAS, Fellow Australian Acoustical Society; Past Federal President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
- MASNZ, Member Acoustical Society of New Zealand